Mother to Mother (MTM) is a non-profit support organization for parents and their children. It was founded in 1981 by several mothers of preschool children who felt a need for emotional support and information on parenting issues. Current membership is around 100 families coming together for friendship, information, and sharing the joys and difficulties of parenting.
MTM is also very involved with the community and works hard to help local organizations. We have helped Womenade, People Helping People, Heartbeat, ConKerr Cancer Center, Birthday Wishes. Community involvement includes St. Mark’s Pumpkin Patch, Burlington Library May baskets, and Celebrate Burlington day among others. Do you have an idea of outreach that we can do? Let us know!
Although Mother to Mother originated in Burlington, you do not have to be a Burlington resident to join. Anyone can join from any town. We enjoy having diversity in our membership!
Mother to Mother is staffed and organized by member volunteers. All members are invited and encouraged to volunteer at events or to hold a steering position during the year. Events and activities are funded by membership dues($20/year) and fund-raising events.
Membership benefits include the following:
- Free members-only parties (Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter Egg Hunt, and MTM Birthday Bash)
- Family activities
- Discounted children’s activities: farm visits, hay rides, etc.
- Educational tours
- Trips to children’s musicals/plays & indoor play spaces
- Free children’s crafts (monthly)
- Free toddler classes (monthly)
- Playgroup connections
- Monthly socials (playtime at members’ homes or in the community)
- Parenting workshops/seminars
- Mom’s night out
- Members dinner parties
- Annual holiday cookie swap
- Book clubs
Who are our members?
Our members are moms of children aged birth to school age. Our group members are all local moms from towns like:
- And other local towns
Ready to join? Click here to join